Are you currently in a relationship role, looking for your next challenge? We are looking for highly motivated professionals to support the growth of the Commercial team, providing exceptional client service whilst maintaining the strongest of credit stewardship environments. Reporting directly to the Head of Lending, this is an exciting opportunity to be a part of building our Commercial function from the ground up.
The role will encompass assisting with the development and delivery of a client acquisition strategy for lending through direct and intermediated channels, including assisting with the management of Business Introducers. Supporting with the development and continuous improvement of Monument’s Lending Products with other key stakeholders ensuring appropriate client outcomes are embedded in product and service design. Working closely with the Operations and Client Servicing Team where needed to deliver exceptional client outcomes.
- Sourcing and assessing new loan applications with a focus on complex buy to let and real estate bridging loans
- Working to foster new and existing relationships with Business Introducers to achieve new business referrals
- Delivering loans to completion by working with colleagues across the Bank and external professional advisors
- Establish and build on sector / industry knowledge and sharing with team members as appropriate
- Maintaining a culture of value adding to clients by focusing on appropriate client outcomes and proactive portfolio management
- Taking ownership of client concerns and working to resolve in a timely and efficient manner
- Working with the Head of Lending to ensure any instances of potential client distress (including arrears) are dealt with in an appropriate and timely manner in line with the relevant Monument Policies and procedures
- Acting as a key contact point for other members of Monument, in particular Credit Support, Operations and Client Services Team (CST)
- Coaching and developing fellow Team members, with constructive feedback and knowledge sharing
- Preparing high quality credit applications ensuring that they meet Monument’s stated Risk Appetite and are in line with the Monument Credit Policy
- Management of the loan portfolio on an ongoing basis to ensure that any new need or emerging risk is spotted early. This will include assistance with periodic reviews of clients for relationship checks related to KYC, AML/financial crime and ongoing credit/collateral review activity (where relevant) and timely acting upon any arrear’s situations
- Where necessary, assist the Compliance team to investigate potential AML and fraud cases
- Client facing relationships in Banking or Mortgages environment, ideally with experience of real estate transactions in a client facing role
- Demonstrable ability to meet financial targets
- An established network of business introducers, ideally with a core buy to let and bridging finance focus
- Good general demonstrable Credit Risk skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and client skills
- Collaborative team player
- Committed to continued personal development
- Accountable for own decisions and actions whilst respectful of the professional responsibilities of others
Please note, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Our culture and values align with our vision to truly understand and deliver an exceptional experience to our clients.
The Monument team are all here because we are passionate about building so much more than a bank. We want to be renowned for giving people a service experience that leaves them in no doubt that we appreciate what their time and lives are worth.
We will be known for our integrity, attentiveness, sense of community and innovation. We build strong relationships through trust and a keen eye for detail. Our commitment and collaboration delivers an attentive and outstanding service offering. All combined with our community, both internal and external, our approach to diversity and our pursuit for innovation, we will help our clients and colleagues to do more and be more.
Together we are building something monumental.
If this sounds interesting, please send your CV via the Email us link below.