At Monument we are looking for a Compliance and Risk Monitoring Manager to support the Chief Compliance Officer and Chief Risk Officer in developing, managing and delivering a risk and compliance monitoring programme. This will encompass delivery of co-ordinated risk-based monitoring activity covering operational and compliance risks to best support the Bank.
Compliance and Risk (CaR) Monitoring Programme
- Develop and maintain the Compliance and Risk monitoring programme across Monument Bank and any third parties as deemed relevant
- Ensure the programme is suitably risk-based and planned effectively; using regulatory and risk knowledge
- Proactive engagement with first line and internal audit to deliver co-ordinated assurance without detracting from robust risk management framework and three lines of defence
- Ensure the programme delivers constructive feedback and challenge through robust stakeholder engagement and relationships
- Develop and maintain compliance and risk monitoring policies and procedures, including those related to planning and prioritisation
- Create and maintain the organisation-wide monitoring plan and activity tracker
- Monitoring Activity
- Ensure monitoring activity is undertaken as per plan, including timely production of reporting and tracking actions to completion
- Effective identification of issues and analysis of risks, to enable prioritisation of actions and escalation
- Ensure positive stakeholder engagement, including strong communication, both written and verbal
- Ensure appropriate escalation of issues identified through monitoring activity; including to Chief Compliance Officer, Chief Risk Officer and to Executives
- Produce regular reporting relating to monitoring activity; including specific activities and overview of programme
- Support the Chief Compliance Officer in collating meaningful and accurate reporting, including for Executive and Board Committees
- Develop forward-looking scope of work based on regulatory, Monument business and industry developments
- Ensure knowledge of banking regulation and operational risk management is forward-looking
- Develop innovative methods of monitoring utilising data and technology where possible
- Demonstrable experience in delivering compliance monitoring activity
- Good knowledge of broad banking compliance, particularly related to unregulated secured lending and deposit-taking, financial crime, and outsourcing
- Strong understanding of conduct risk and treating customers fairly
- Good knowledge of operational risk assurance activity in a technologically driven bank
- Sound knowledge of best practice compliance and risk monitoring frameworks
- Sound knowledge of governance in a regulated environment
- Strong report- and policy/procedure-writing experience
- Highly motivated individual capable of working on own initiative
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and broaden skillset, through on-the-job and self-learn
- Strong stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Collaborative and a team player
- Ability to challenge constructively and enforce appropriate boundaries
- Accountable for own decisions and actions whilst respectful of the professional responsibilities of others
- Flexibility in providing support across all Compliance and Risk areas of responsibility
Please note, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Our culture and values align with our vision to truly understand and deliver an exceptional experience to our clients.
The Monument team are all here because we are passionate about building so much more than a bank. We want to be renowned for giving people a service experience that leaves them in no doubt that we appreciate what their time and lives are worth.
We will be known for our integrity, attentiveness, sense of community and innovation. We build strong relationships through trust and a keen eye for detail. Our commitment and collaboration delivers an attentive and outstanding service offering. All combined with our community, both internal and external, our approach to diversity and our pursuit for innovation, we will help our clients and colleagues to do more and be more.
Together we are building something monumental.
If this sounds interesting, please send your CV via the Email us link below.