This Treasury Analyst role is to assist the Head of Treasury in managing the risks within the balance sheet covering interest rate risk and funding and liquidity risk. This role will include the development of the modelling and MI to support the management of the Bank’s interest rate risk and liquidity position as well as being integral support for the implementation and embedding of Treasury Management and ALM systems to support the Bank’s activities.
- Development of processes and models for measuring interest rate risk and liquidity risk
- Monitoring and reporting on interest rate, liquidity and funding risk limit compliance
- Design and production of management information for ALCO, Board and other committees/stakeholders, as required
- Supporting the implementation of Treasury Management and ALM systems
- Supporting the management of the day-to-day cash position of the bank, covering the full end-to-end processing and settlement of all Treasury transactions
- Ensuring that all transactions requested are effectively managed and recorded within the Treasury Management System and that all transactions requiring a funds transfer are settled within the requisite timescales.
- Daily management of collateral posting and exchange with banking counterparties
- Supporting the interest rate risk hedging processes in line with the risk management appetites of the bank
- Developing cashflow forecasts, including scenario planning around asset performance impact on liquidity
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Treasury environment, preferably including ALM
- Excellent data management/manipulation skills
- Excellent modelling skills, including advanced excel
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills developed in a finance-based background
- Track record of driving process improvements, simplification and control implementation
- Good communication skills
- Comfortable with managing multiple priorities
- Stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Collaborative and team player
- Desire to learn and broaden skillset, through on-the-job and self-learn
- Keen to develop and be flexible in approach and responsibilities
Note that the candidate could be provided with the opportunity to pursue professional accreditations (e.g. CertBALM).
Our culture and values align with our mission to truly understand and offer exceptional service to our clients.
The Monument team are all here because we are passionate about building so much more than a bank. We want to be renowned for giving people a service experience that leaves them in no doubt that we appreciate what their time and lives are worth.
We will be known for our integrity, attentiveness, sense of community and innovation. We build strong relationships through trust and a keen eye for detail. Our commitment and collaboration delivers an attentive and outstanding service offering. All combined with our community, both internal and external, our approach to diversity and our pursuit for innovation, we will help our clients and colleagues to do more and be more.
Together we are building something monumental.
If this sounds interesting, please send your CV via the Email us link below.