At Monument we are embracing the latest technologies and emerging digital channels whilst being committed to providing the best experience to our clients. We are looking for an Enterprise Architect to shape our Architecture across our business and technology estate.
This is a critical role to enable our significant scaling priorities for the business and to ensure we are building a sustainable and resilient technology platform for Monument's strategic ambitions.
- Own the ongoing development and implementation of our Architecture aligning to business strategy and objectives
- Own the target state architecture for the entire estate and coordinate the development of those with product owners, delivery partners and technology vendors; this includes defining the Technical and functional Architectural Roadmap
- Collaborate extensively with other teams within Technology (Development, IT Operations) and the wider Monument teams
- Determine Monument’s platform strategies and roadmaps whilst maintaining in-depth knowledge of Monument’s strategic business plans along with technology vendors’ product strategies and roadmaps
- Define the technology solution and environment roadmaps to ensure capacity and scalability, as demand and usage evolve within the business
- Ensure that non-functional requirements such as scalability, security, availability, reliability and performance are addressed.
- Define and implement enterprise, solution and data architecture principles and standards
- Develop and maintain a robust Architecture Governance Framework that aligns to and works across Monument business functions. This includes running the Design Authority across different technology delivery teams.
- Understand and participate in the decision-making process for functional and technical architecture, infrastructure and operations, making decisions on enterprise level technologies and communicating to the Executive Committee (ExCo)
- Assist with business cases for new technology implementations; participate in product evaluations, RFP’s, POC’s and business decisions to ensure fit and scale into the platform and the firm.
- Support the CTO in the management of the Technology budget for Monument
- Experience of software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development
- Awareness of systems management and operational support tools
- Security and / or infrastructure experience would also be a significant benefit
- Full life cycle experience, responsible for the development of a complete set of architectural views for an enterprise in accordance with one of the more common architecture frameworks
- Strong business analysis skills and experience, including development of business architectures, functional decomposition, requirements capture, process modelling
- Strong knowledge of design and architectural patterns
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Keeping up to date with Architecture and technology innovation best practices and digital and market trends
- Getting involved, happy to roll your sleeves with tactical day-to-day issues whilst driving a strategic focus
- Being a senior leader in Technology and developing and delivering the best in our technology and our people.
Monument is fast-paced with great ambition. You will be joining a small but strong team who share in our commitment to deliver more than just a Bank for our clients. Reporting directly to the CTO, this opportunity is ideal for those looking for a challenge and the chance to shape and grow, (not just the Technology), one of the UK’s newest banks.
Please note, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Our culture and values align with our vision to truly understand and deliver an exceptional experience to our clients.
The Monument team are all here because we are passionate about building so much more than a bank. We want to be renowned for giving people a service experience that leaves them in no doubt that we appreciate what their time and lives are worth.
We will be known for our integrity, attentiveness, sense of community and innovation. We build strong relationships through trust and a keen eye for detail. Our commitment and collaboration delivers an attentive and outstanding service offering. All combined with our community, both internal and external, our approach to diversity and our pursuit for innovation, we will help our clients and colleagues to do more and be more.
Together we are building something monumental.
If this sounds interesting, please send your CV via the Email us link below.